2019 Neustadt Lit Fest
The Neustadt Lit Festival, a celebration of international books and culture sponsored by World Literature Today, will take place on the Norman campus of the University of Oklahoma this fall. The literary festival, which is free and open to the public, will feature NSK Prize winning author Margarita Engle, the authors from the 2020 Neustadt Prize jury, and more visiting writers, artists, and scholars. Stay tuned for more details!
Take a look at last year’s events and browse through our past media to see what makes the Neustadt Lit Fest one of the most unique literary events in Oklahoma!
Schedule of Events
Past Photos & Video
“And Dubravka Ugresic is a genius. As is the Neustadt family and everyone involved behind this festival and prize. Everyone who’s bringing great international literature to Norman, OK—a city that has made itself into a hub for appreciating great writing in a deep, thoughtful way. This isn’t a prize like most that’s announced and forgotten. Instead, they’ve built a prize that helps change the way students approach the very idea of literature—and that’s the point of it all, right?” — Chad Post, The American Nobel: At Norman, Oklahoma’s Neustadt Prize Festival
- Understanding Cuba – A Roundtable Conversation on October 15, 2019 12:00 pm
- “Two Wings, One Generous Heart” – A Talk by Lilliam Rivera on October 15, 2019 1:30 pm
- Readings and Book Signings by the 2020 Neustadt Prize Jury and Visiting Writers on October 15, 2019 4:00 pm
- Margarita Engle and Lilliam Rivera – A Conversation about Writing YA Fiction and a Book Signing on October 16, 2019 12:30 pm
- Neustadt Night at the Museum: A Reception, Celebration, and Book Signing on October 16, 2019 6:30 pm
- Dance Performance – The Surrender Tree on October 17, 2019 10:00 am
- “Two Cultures, Two Wings” – Margarita Engle’s 2019 NSK Prize Keynote on October 17, 2019 11:00 am
- Celebrating Diversity in YA Lit – A Roundtable Conversation on October 17, 2019 2:00 pm
2019 Featured Authors and Participants
Read more about each of the featured authors and scholars from the 2018 festival.